The DigitalBoost Development Grant, funded by the Scottish Government has reopened for applications.
Am I Eligible?
- Applicant organisations must be registered and/or operating from within Scotland.
- Charities, social enterprises and third sector organisations can also apply.
- Must be trading a minimum of 6 months. (Applicant business must have been receiving sales income for at least 6 months).
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applicants must be a UK resident with the right to work in the UK.
- Businesses must meet the European* definition of an SME in relation to employees, balance sheet and turnover.
- All Industry sectors are eligible for consideration
*European Definition The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
What Can I Use the Grant For?
The eligible purpose(s) of the relevant project includes:
- Reducing (non-staff) operational costs
- Improving market share
- Enabling employment to be safeguarded or increased
- Increasing revenues
- Increasing profit margin
- Improving cyber security
- Moving business online
Eligible expenditure is to introduce new digital capabilities to your business:
- Enhancing digital skills of workforce
- Buying software
- Buying IT, or digital communications, hardware
- Building an online booking/ticketing system
- Building an Ecommerce website
- Developing an app
- Digital Consultancy costs
- Software or hardware rental (first year costs only)
- Building or maintaining websites that are brochures or provide information
- Ongoing annual charges for platforms, hosting or online content management (first year costs only)
Click here to view the full updated eligibility criteria that will be in place for the next phase of the grant.
For further information and to apply visit: www.digitalboostdevelopmentgrant.co.uk/