Inverclyde Chamber of Commerce is inviting applications for a new Membership Engagement Manager role.
ICC supports and champions business in Inverclyde, providing opportunities for our members to access new business opportunities, networking and events, advice and expertise and by empowering, connecting and advocating for Inverclyde business
The Membership Executive Engagement Manager role is a key role for the Inverclyde Chamber of Commerce, providing a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact on the local business community.
Working with the Chamber President, the Board of Directors and the Executive Assistant, the Membership Engagement Manager membership executive will be responsible for engaging with and developing, the membership of the Chamber, building the membership base in line with the strategic plan.
Key Responsibilities for the role are:
- In conjunction with the ICC Board build and develop excellent relationships with the membership.
- In Conjunction with ICC Board grow the membership year on year, providing and proving good value to each member organisation, making themselves available at every opportunity to support member’s needs.
- Makes recommendations to the ICC Board and with their support organises key membership events and benefits.
- Plays a key role in the skills development in the Region, offering support and training to members
- Attend all Board and other stakeholder-led meetings as well as prepare reports for the Board.
The Membership Engagement Manager Membership Executive will also be responsible for developing the offering of training, events, and membership benefits and for delivering these to the membership, driving engagement and playing a role in the skills development in the region.
This challenging, varied and highly interesting role provides an excellent opportunity to join this forward-looking Chamber, providing personal and professional growth opportunities as the Chamber grows and develops in the region to become “the voice of commerce” in Inverclyde.
This role will significantly contribute towards developing, planning, and implementing ICC’s key deliverables. The core focus will be on member relationship management, building strong, value-adding, relationships with existing and prospective Chamber members.
This position is dynamic and challenging and is well suited to someone who wishes to stretch their capabilities and grow their skillset and business network.
Role and responsibilities
- The role is accountable to the Inverclyde Chamber of Commerce Board of Director’s and reports to the Chamber President
- Developing the membership base in line with the strategic plan and targets. Identifying companies and organisations, building relationships, and encouraging them to join and play an active part in the Chamber
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with existing members ensuring that the services the Chamber offers on behalf of its members is highly valued and appreciated by the membership resulting in a very high membership retention rate.
- Working with the President and the Board to develop monthly events and training that engages and provides networking and skills development opportunities for all members.
- Working with the President and the Board to develop the membership benefits package. These are third party offerings that are made available to members exclusively, either at a discount or for free.
- Maintaining the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, (CRM), ensuring that it is up to date at all times with the contact details of existing and prospective members and also providing the details of the membership pipeline and membership engagement.
- Work with the ICC Board to grow the membership year on year – providing and proving good value to each member company, making themselves available at every opportunity to support members’ needs.
- Manage relationships with the membership resolving any issues and working to resolve them in a timely fashion liaising with the President and the Board as required.
- The person in this role will be required to prioritise a busy workload and have excellent organisational skills to deliver all of the key priorities.
- This person will be expected to be comfortable and experienced in hosting events and facilitating these throughout the year, by organising and delivering, including sponsors, venue, catering, costs, promotion, website updates; and be central to each event with occasional hosting/compere duties. Additional support from the EA and Board will be provided when required.
- Chamber events and activities will require flexible working when required. While normal office hours will be the norm, it may be necessary to work evenings and/or early mornings to cover events.
- The Membership Executive will be responsible for delivering on the key membership engagement KPI’s set on an annual basis by the Board of Directors.
- A major focus of the role is for the annual awards ceremony which was postponed this year and rescheduled for 20221. This is the Chamber business showcase of the year and the person in this role will play a key role in ensuring the success of the event as the highlight of the Chamber year and as an opportunity for members to showcase their businesses.
- The person in the role will be required to attend all Board and other stakeholder-led meetings as well as preparing reports for the Board as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of business development in the service sector or within a similar membership organisation
- A self-starter with excellent organisational skills
- Strong networker capable of building lasting business relationships
- Excellent business acumen
- Experience in working with a CRM system and the Microsoft suite of programs
- Experience in presentations or public speaking
- Qualified to Higher National Diploma or above, or qualified by experience
Expected start date: 06/12/2021
Salary: £21,500.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)
- relevant: 3 years (preferred)